Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys–Week 2

Good Morning!  It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time for the cartridge of the month project for this week. 

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m the Children’s Pastor at my church and teach the older kid’s class.  There’s a little boy that I haven’t seen in a while, so I decided to make him a card using this cart.  I used the dump truck cut and the font as well.

dump truck 2

After I made this and got ready to load the pictures, I realized I used the same black and white paper as last week’s card!  Too funny.  Gotta love scraps, huh?

dump truck 4

I added stitching and accents using my white gel pen.

dump truck 5

I used the font that is on this cart and welded the shadows together, then added the blue letters individually.  I added stitching with a white and black pen.  (Don’t look at how crooked some of my faux stitching is….)

dump truck 1

Overall, I really like this card!  I think this dump truck is super cute!

dump truck 3

Here’s what I put on the inside to complete the sentiment.  I have to tell ya…gluing those skinny little letters is tedious, to say the least. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!! Love the dump truck and the sentiment to go with it! Just perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and love the sentiment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,

    That is so sweet!!! :)

    Would those skinny letters have been any easier if they were welded together? I have to learn how to use my Gypsy, so I can do that!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!