Friday, May 13, 2011

Fluffy Flower Card

Since Mother’s Day has passed, I thought I’d share the card I made for my mom.  I didn’t want to post before because I hadn’t given it to her yet. 

Now, as I’ve said before, I’m like one of those little animals that’s drawn to shiny things.  So, of course, I used glittery paper.  And, of course, I kept getting terrible glare and reflection and had to keep moving my light and my camera around.  UGH!  But how can a girl not like sparkly things?  It’s in my DNA, I’m convinced.  Someday, I will learn to take better pictures and I hope it’s soon.  My photographer buddy at church said he would help me, and then, I’m sure you’ll all be impressed at my amazing photography skills!  =)  Until then, pretend, ok?

The card base is 5”x5”.  Once I cut my flower it was almost too big, so it didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted, but I worked around it. 

 

PEACHY MOMS DAY FLOWER CARD 2

I cut the flower from Forever Young.  This cartridge has wonderful flowers for layering.  I’ve made several flowery cards lately and I keep looking at all my carts and end up using this one almost every time.

PEACHY MOMS DAY FLOWER CARD 3

Since I cut my flower too big, I had to kinda squish my stamp on there.  I inked the edges with brown chalk ink.

PEACHY MOMS DAY FLOWER CARD

I curled the edges of the flower around my Gypsy stylus to give them some “fluff”.  I then adhered them to dimensional glue dots so they’d stand up a little more.

PEACHY MOMS DAY FLOWER CARD close up

I added a button with some twine to the center and Voila!  I really like this paper.  It’s from The Paper Studio and the stack is called Poteeka Soufflé.  It has some wonderful coordinating pages….lots with butterflies and birdies on them.

PEACHY MOMS DAY FLOWER CARD 5

Here’s a glimpse at the inside of the card.  I added a couple of strips of colored paper and punched them with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Thanks for looking!

Blessings,
Cheryl

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!