Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jammin’ Birthday!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday.  I am – especially since I’m now finished with work for the day!  Since it’s Tuesday, it’s time for my cartridge of the month project.  This month, I’m exploring Paisley.  We were asked by a friend from the design team for Flaunt it Fridays to make a birthday card for her daughter’s sweet 16, so this is what I did.  She said she loves music and her favorite colors are blue, yellow and green.  Since I don’t know her, I hope I at least got close to something she’ll like!  The patterned paper is from a stack by Colorbok from Walmart.  I used Paisley for all the cuts on the card.  I inked the edges with black ink and used Sakura pens for the stitching and highlights.

I am not feeling too crafty lately, so I’m not thrilled with this card.  I put a lot of effort into it, but still feel like it’s missing something??  I hope she likes it!

jammin bday card

jammin bday card 2

jammin bday card close up

jammin bday card words

Blessings,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. I think it is super cute and I am sure she will love it! I can tell you put a lot of work into it so do not sell yourself short I think it is fabulous! I love this cartridge and am so embarrassed to say that I have not used it at all yet! I need to play with it! I have not been feeling crafty myself so I know what you mean! I think you did a great job and she will love it!
    ~Hugs~
    Carley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!