Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ribbon Storage

I wanted to share with you all something I created with my Gypsy.  I have a really, really small crafting space – the corner of my living room!  So, I have to find creative ways to store all of my junk supplies in a compact way. 

I needed to store my growing collection of ribbon, so I decided to use a photo box.

ribbon box close up

I created cards that fit into the box using George and Basic Shapes with my Gypsy.  This is what each card looks like.

ribbon card blank

I’ve seen similar items for sale, but I figured I could save money and make my own.  I took some old cardstock I had that was pretty sturdy and cut two of each card.  I glued them together so they would be thicker.  I’m sure chipboard would be really good for this, but I used what I had on hand.  I was able to cut 3 cards from a 12x12 piece of paper.

I then wrapped the ribbon around the cards and secured with pins.  I sorted mine by color.

ribbon card full

I just got a lot of new ribbon on clearance at Michaels, so my box isn’t quite full yet, but it seems like it will hold quite a bit of ribbon.  I got the photo box at Michaels on sale for 3/$5.00.

ribbon box front

This is how the full the box is with my current ribbon.

ribbon box top

If you are interested, I wrote the dimensions on the card if you’d like to duplicate it or use this idea.  So far, it’s worked pretty good for me!

ribbon card dimensions

If any of you have great storage solutions, I’d love to hear them!

Also, don’t forget to check my posts from earlier in the week for the giveaways.  I have one more coming this week, so get ready!

Blessings,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I need a way to store my loose ribbon. This is great!

    Thanks for stopping by:)

    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl -- very creative idea. Thanks for sharing. I'll be including this Friday's Feature Me! post. Hugs!
    ♥Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have given me food for thought as I decide what will work best for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on your ribbon storage!!! My mom does this with her ribbons,trims,and laces for her business :) it keeps them neat :)

    thank you for sharing with RRR!!!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea for keeping your ribbon organized in a small space. Thanks so much for sharing your ribbon organization idea with your friends at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!