Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Sunday!

I hope you all had a blessed and happy Sunday.  Sadly, it’s 11:00pm, and that means the weekend is coming to end.  Why do they fly by so fast?  I had a good day.  I spent most of it at church between the morning service, choir practice and evening service, but it was nice.  I was able to get a bunch of fabulous deals today with my coupons as well, so that made me a happy gal!  Enjoy the last hour of your weekend….

As I said the other day, I’ve been a card-making fool the last few days!  I am still editing some of the photos, but I wanted to share a couple with you now. 

I made the base for the first card by welding two shapes from George & Basic.  I cut some smaller shapes to nest on the front and cut the rainbow from Simply Charmed.  LOVE that rainbow!  I love rainbows for so many reasons.  They are beautiful and breathtaking and God sent them to remind us of His promise – which he ALWAYS keeps!  Those are just a couple reasons…… 

Ok – back on track.  I stamped the sentiment with black ink and used a new clear glitter embossing powder I bought.  In the photo, it looks sorta pathetic because it only caught some pieces of glitter.  In person, it actually looks pretty cool as it just makes the letters sparkly without being coated in glitter.  I got the powder from Michaels.

rainbow 1

rainbow 2

rainbow 3

Rainbow close 

For this next card, I used The Mickey Mouse font and welded the letters to a rectangle.  I added doodling to the letters and drew an accent line down the page with my white gel pen.  I needed a few masculine cards, and I liked this color scheme.  I think the colors and font are fun and would work for a card for a man or woman.

navy thanks 1

navy thanks

That’s all for now.  I wish you all blessings as you begin your week tomorrow! 

Blessings,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. What great cards!!! I especially love the rainbow card...so bright and cheery! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just wonderful!! The last photo of the rainbow card really shows that glitter! Awesome!
    Love the rainbow. The Thanks down the side of the other card was a fantastic idea! Wonderful!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both those cards! The rainbow one is so pretty and I love the colors you used on the thanks card! I also wanted to let you know that I have given you the Liebster Blog Award. Come on over to my blog to get it!! :)

    Paula Bee
    http://craftwithbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!