Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You’re Rad!!!

Good evening everyone!  I hope you’re having a wonderful day.  I wanted to start out by saying WELCOME to all of my new followers.  I’m sooooo excited you’ve chosen to stop by and check out my corner of the world.  I feel very honored that you all would choose to come along with me on my adventures in paper crafting. 

I’m excited to announce a new addition to Pink and Paper.  Starting this month, I will be choosing a “cartridge of the month”.  I’ll be making one project per week from the chosen cartridge and sharing them with you throughout the month.  For January, I’ve chosen Just Because Cards.  I have never really been a scrapbooker; when I started paper crafting I started by making cards.  I have often wanted to start doing scrapping but my first paper love is cards, so this cartridge is right up my alley. 

I also would love to see any projects you’ve made using this cartridge, so please feel free to post links in the comments.  I love seeing everyone’s creativity!

The first card I made is using the radish and saying “You’re Rad”.  It’s cheesy, I know, but I think it’s sorta hilarious!  I used recollections cardstock for all the solid colors and the patterned paper is from My Mind’s Eye.  I did the white highlight on the radish and doodling on the letters using a Gelly Roll white pen.

youre rad card 1

youre rad card 3

youre rad card inside

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Love the card!!! Like the length of it and the cut outs are fantastic:) Almost looks like you used an Imagine!! Not Cheesy at all:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,

    I love your cartridge of the month idea! I have used so few of my cartridges (I find myself reaching for the same ones), it would be great to try to use them all. And your card turned out GREAT!!! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!