Saturday, January 1, 2011

Flaunt it Fridays Challenge #5

I hope you all had wonderful New Year’s Eve celebrations.  I wouldn’t call what I did much of a celebration, but we did have dinner with friends, watched a movie and played a fun game.  My hubby works nights, so we had to be home by 10 or so for him to go to work, so I rang in the new year using my new laptop computer trying to add some widgets (unsuccessfully, I might add) to my blog!  How exciting, huh?  Oh well, I’m not a big party gal anyway, so I was happy with that.

This week’s challenge at Flaunt it Fridays is to use the martini glass from From My Kitchen cart.  I don’t have that one, so I used Smiley Cards instead.  I was trying to get this card done to take to my friend last night, so I had about 10 minutes to make it.  I ended up not being happy with it, so I didn’t give it away, but thought I’d post it anyway.  I am having MAJOR issues with my camera and pictures right now, so please try to see past the poor pics.  I am going to figure it out – the camera will not win!!!  =)

Also, one last piece of advice.  I know us gals can be lured by shiny things….but….using shiny paper on a card that you want to photograph is a big pain in the you know where!  I’m sure you’ll notice that when you see the reflection on the word on my card.  First new goal of 2011 – Do not be lured by shiny paper!  =)

cheers card 2

cheers card 1

Recipe for card:
Martini glass (Smiley Cards)
Cheers (Smiley Cards)
Cardstock by American Crafts and Recollections

Blessings,
Cheryl