Saturday, January 1, 2011

Flaunt it Fridays Challenge #5

I hope you all had wonderful New Year’s Eve celebrations.  I wouldn’t call what I did much of a celebration, but we did have dinner with friends, watched a movie and played a fun game.  My hubby works nights, so we had to be home by 10 or so for him to go to work, so I rang in the new year using my new laptop computer trying to add some widgets (unsuccessfully, I might add) to my blog!  How exciting, huh?  Oh well, I’m not a big party gal anyway, so I was happy with that.

This week’s challenge at Flaunt it Fridays is to use the martini glass from From My Kitchen cart.  I don’t have that one, so I used Smiley Cards instead.  I was trying to get this card done to take to my friend last night, so I had about 10 minutes to make it.  I ended up not being happy with it, so I didn’t give it away, but thought I’d post it anyway.  I am having MAJOR issues with my camera and pictures right now, so please try to see past the poor pics.  I am going to figure it out – the camera will not win!!!  =)

Also, one last piece of advice.  I know us gals can be lured by shiny things….but….using shiny paper on a card that you want to photograph is a big pain in the you know where!  I’m sure you’ll notice that when you see the reflection on the word on my card.  First new goal of 2011 – Do not be lured by shiny paper!  =)

cheers card 2

cheers card 1

Recipe for card:
Martini glass (Smiley Cards)
Cheers (Smiley Cards)
Cardstock by American Crafts and Recollections

Blessings,
Cheryl

13 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card a lot! You did a great job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a nice card, I don't get why you didn't give it away!... Anyhow, thanks for sharing it here... It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the nice comments, ladies! You're so kind!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt realise this was on Smiley Cards! Looks great!

    http://misspinkcricut.blogspot.com/2011/01/flaunt-it-fridays-5-from-my-kitchen.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The lighting can be difficult with shiny paper but it is so pretty! I love your card! Thanks for commenting on my blog....I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I always kick myself when I try to photo projects with bright or shiny paper. It never turns out! My camera just doesnt do the job for it lol. Same goes for pictures on a layout, I should probably just take a pic of the empty one first haha.

    Thanks for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 minutes!!! WOW! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You card is so cute!!! I love the shiny paper :) Thanks for playing with us at Flaunt it Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol!! Do not be lured by shiny things. That will be difficult. Thanks for playing with FIF and Welcom to the DT. See you on Friday.
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just adorable. You should have given it to your friend, she would have loved it:) Your little news year party is right up my ALY. Sounds great and like you had fun. Thank you for playing along with us at FIF. Have a terrific New Year:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl,

    Your card is too cute!!! :) And that olive looks good enough to eat! ;)

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!