Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fiesta!

I just wanted to share a quick project with you.  Once a month we have a women’s Bible study at my church.  We have dinner together and have a lesson.  A few our ladies decorate each month using a different theme.  I decided several months ago that I’d like to make favors for our meetings so each lady has something to take home as a reminder of the meeting.  I will be sharing these with you each month as I make them.  All of that being said – This is my LEAST favorite I’ve made so far!  I had some issues this week and ended up in the dentist’s chair with 2 root canals in one day….YIKES!  I hate the dentist worst than almost anything so I wasn’t too thrilled about that.  Anyway, I was in pain before I went and kinda sore after, and I had put off making the goodies (my own fault!), so I wasn’t giving it 100%.

The theme this month is FIESTA.  I decided, since it’s been really cold this week, to do a matchbook that holds a packet of cocoa.  I tried to make them match the colorful theme.  Once I got them cut and ready to assemble, I had crafter’s block and could not figure out how to embellish them at all.  I finally just left them sorta plain.  They are ok, but I know they could be better!  I love the idea of these matchbook holding a pouch of something, so I’m sure I’ll make them again some time.  Here they are.

DSCF6741

Here’s the inside:

DSCF6743

DSCF6746

I made several different colors.  What would you have done to embellish them?  I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

Blessings,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!