Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Flaunt it Friday Challenge #4

There's a new challenge blog that I'm really excited about called Flaunt it Fridays. This is my first time to participate in their challenge and I'm super excited to join in. The challenge was to use the turtle from Create a Critter and make something other than a card. I decided to make a gift bag using the cut from Plantin Schoolbook. My first thought, of course, was a green turtle. Then, I decided on pink....surprise! But, I'm trying to broaden my horizons...ha ha....so I went with purple. I really like the bag in person, but I have to say, it did not photograph well AT ALL! Have you ever made something and taken like a gazillion photos and none of them capture the colors or style properly? Well, that happened with this. I have this neato new photo tent with fancy lights that my dad bought me and it has definitely made my pictures look better. But even with that, there was no getting a good pic of this bag. So, I gave up and said "oh well!". Here it is anyway. In real life, the colors look really good....so just squint your eyes and pretend it's beee-u-ti-ful, ok?Blessings,

13 comments:

  1. Very cute. Good idea to use non-traditional colours for the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really cute! How creative the colors are--but they work! Nice Job...I just became your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your turtle bag..too cute.
    Just became a follower..Would Love it if you could visit my blog.

    Also, Check out my blog to see my project..I Love yours.
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable !!! Love the soft colors you used!! Just adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute treat box!! I absolutely Love it!!
    Come check out my giveaway at
    cricutlvr.blogspot.com
    I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower. I just adore your blog! I found you through Momo's 2010 Replay. I can't wait to see what you have in store in 2011!

    Kerri
    www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com

    eta - I just read you are from my hometown of Moore! I now teach in Moore. What a small, small world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little bag and nice color combo!
    Thanks for flaunting it at Flaunt it friday's.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all of you for looking and your kind words. AND a BIG thanks to all my new followers!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. I have that issue as well and it drives me nuts! LOL.

    Thanks for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this bag, it's fantastic. The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though you say it didn't photograph well, it still looks adorable! :) I love the thought of a purple turtle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!