Monday, October 30, 2017

Another Easy Shaker Card

As you all know, I went a little crazy with shaker cards a few weeks ago.  Because of that, I have one to share...


I made this for one of my kids at church.

Side note.... I have no kids of my own.  Every Sunday, since I was 15 years old, I have taught the kids at church in either Sunday School or Children's Church.  Because of this, I am super attached to my kids. A lot of them I have known since birth or just after.  I remembered as I wrote that line, 4 of my "kids" will be leaving for the military over the next 6-8 months.  Cue the tears.  They aren't really kids anymore. And even though I didn't bring them into this world, I still claim them as mine. And I don't want them to grow up.  And I don't want them to move away.  And I cry every time I think about it, so let's move on.

Anywho...  I made this for a kid who helped me out and went above and beyond.  I didn't have a template, I just picked a fun font and cut the squares and circles with my Silhouette.


I added dots to the font with my white gel pen and layered 3 of the word "thanks" to make it thicker.


I used my fuse tool to make a pocket, then added the iridescent stars to fill the pocket.  Aren't they fun?

That's it folks!  This card was simple and could easily be reproduced just using different papers and fonts.  I thought I'd start sharing links to the supplies I use, in case you are looking for them.  Here's what I used in this card:

    
Please use the links above and help support Pink and Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!