Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Padre!



Happy Birthday to my Padre!  

Ok, today isn't his birthday.  It was March 4th.  And, for the record, I don't speak Spanish...not even a little.  

I have a habit of giving people nicknames.  I am not sure when it really started or why.  My husband, whose name is Charles, has about 12 names I call him at various times.  (They're all nice - I promise!)  Several years ago, I started calling my dad padre and it stuck.  I don't call my mom madre, though.  I call her Daisy, yet her name is Barbara.  There's a story behind that, but we'll save that for another day.

Back to the card....

The first card I made with my Silhouette was a box card.  I downloaded the file from svgcuts.com.  I haven't used it since and that was over a year ago.  I really like these cards just because they're fun, so I decided to pull it out for him.


I used various scraps of paper for the card, so I honestly couldn't tell you who makes this paper.

Isn't it festive?


Look at the above picture.  Do you see anything that doesn't belong?  

Look very closely.

The navy balloon on the left is a bit of a mess.  When I was making the card, I wanted every balloon to be a different color, but I didn't have one single piece of patterned paper in navy.  So, I pulled out my trusty white gel pen and made my own.  In person, it blended in pretty well but it seems to really stand out in the picture.  


I used an old stamp I have by The Paper Studio.  I really like the swirly letters, but I'm a little sick of it.  I guess I might have to buy some new stamps.  Oh, darn!  I just hate shopping for crafty things.... said no one, ever!

Have you ever made a boxed card?  I'd love to see your pics if you have.

Blessings,
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!