Monday, November 19, 2012

Fun Pocket Card!

For some reason, lately I am in love with cards in pockets.  I have no idea why or what caused this, but I just can't get enough.  I saw some on Pinterest and decided to make a template on my Gypsy.  I've come up with several, so I thought I'd share one today.


I created the pocket and card using Gypsy.  It took several tries to get it just right, but now I'm having a lot of fun with it.  The colors did not photograph well.  They are much brighter in person!


For the pocket, I welded together 3 rectangles from Plantin Schoolbook, then added an oval at the top of the cut.  On the card, I used a rounded rectangle and welded the shadow of the flower to the top of the rectangle so it was all one cut.  If you all are interested, I can do a tutorial and/or show how it's set up on the Gypsy.  You could also do this using the Cricut Craft Room if you don't have a Gypsy.  And that's F-R-E-E!!  You can't beat that.


I used a stamp by Studio G from Walmart and just cut it out with the trimmer.  On a side note, I'm really bothered that the yellow on the sentiment doesn't match the yellow on the flower paper.  It's from the same stack and is made to coordinate.  It drives me nuts and I didn't notice until I took the picture.


The flower is from Forever Young.  I added each layer with foam tape so it would really stand out.  I inked all the edges using green and pink ink.


Here's a close up of the top of the card and pocket.  As I said, it took a lot of tweaking, but it was totally worth it.  I made another card using this same design, so I'll share that later.

That's all for today, folks!
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. it's positively gorgeous Cheryl!! and yes, I think we need a tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    This is just beautiful!!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!