Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Simple Pink Card

 I made this card several weeks ago and then never mailed it.  Pathetic, I know.  I had every intention of doing it, then lost track of time and just didn't.  Thankfully, the person I was going to send it to is well now!  I thought I'd go ahead and post it anyway and save it for when I need a Get Well card.


Surprise!  Its has a flower on it!  I just can't help myself.  I will say, though, this was made before I went on my strike from making cards with flowers (just to see if I could).  And I have been successful so far, but I tell ya, I miss em!  And I'll be making more very soon!  I used my Gypsy and welded together the shadows of this shape to make the card base.  


I cut the flower and leaves from Flower Shoppe and hand cut the banner for the sentiment.  I inked all the edges using Martha Stewart ink.


Here's a pic of the inside.  I added some extra flowers just because.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections Card Stock, from Elegant Edges cut at 4.5"
Front layers - DCVW Floral Stack, from Elegant Edges cut at 4.5" & 4.25"
Flowers - Martha Stewart Card Stock, from Flower Shoppe cut at 1.5", 1.25", 1"
Leaves - The Paper Studio Card Stock, from Flower Shoppe cut at 1.5"
Ink - Martha Stewart
Stamp - Stampendous
Pearl - Recollections

I hope you enjoyed this simple card.  Of course, I love it because there's so much pink!

Blessings,
Cheryl