Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Simple Pink Card

 I made this card several weeks ago and then never mailed it.  Pathetic, I know.  I had every intention of doing it, then lost track of time and just didn't.  Thankfully, the person I was going to send it to is well now!  I thought I'd go ahead and post it anyway and save it for when I need a Get Well card.


Surprise!  Its has a flower on it!  I just can't help myself.  I will say, though, this was made before I went on my strike from making cards with flowers (just to see if I could).  And I have been successful so far, but I tell ya, I miss em!  And I'll be making more very soon!  I used my Gypsy and welded together the shadows of this shape to make the card base.  


I cut the flower and leaves from Flower Shoppe and hand cut the banner for the sentiment.  I inked all the edges using Martha Stewart ink.


Here's a pic of the inside.  I added some extra flowers just because.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections Card Stock, from Elegant Edges cut at 4.5"
Front layers - DCVW Floral Stack, from Elegant Edges cut at 4.5" & 4.25"
Flowers - Martha Stewart Card Stock, from Flower Shoppe cut at 1.5", 1.25", 1"
Leaves - The Paper Studio Card Stock, from Flower Shoppe cut at 1.5"
Ink - Martha Stewart
Stamp - Stampendous
Pearl - Recollections

I hope you enjoyed this simple card.  Of course, I love it because there's so much pink!

Blessings,
Cheryl




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the shape and the gorgeous flowers! Of course, I love pink too!!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I think it would make a beautiful b'day card too. Can you tell me the pages your cuts are on from Elegant Edges and Flower Shoppe? Really enjoy your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!