Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!

I hope you are all doing well on this nice fall holiday!  I thought I would share one last Halloween project with you.  I had planned on posting these on Sunday, but my weekend didn't go as planned.  

As I've mentioned before, our church volunteers to run a concession stand for the OU Football games every year.  We work for free and then our church gets 9% of whatever the stand makes that day.  We had a game this past Saturday and it was a doozie (is that how you spell it?)!  We arrived at 3:00 pm and worked until a little after 10:00 pm.     Then, we had to walk like 100 miles back to our car.  I realized I'm exaggerating a little here, but after standing on your feet, on concrete for that long, a 1 mile walk feels like 100!  Plus it was really cold and I had a blister on my foot.  We arrived at the van around 10:40 pm and proceeded to sit in traffic for approximately 2 hours trying to get home.  We got on the highway and while driving in horrible traffic, our church van was hit from behind by a young lady in a brand spanking new Jeep Cherokee.  She was too busy playing with her radio and GPS to concentrate on driving.  Priorities, right?  She hit us pretty hard and it hurt! Thankfully, no one was seriously injured and finally an hour later we got back on the road and headed home. 

I'd planned on making these goodies on Sunday but my back and neck started screaming louder as time went on.  When I'd sit at my desk and look down to work, it hurt. So I didn't!  I got an appointment with the chiropractor and I feel a little better now and I know I'll get better by the day.  I finally finished them last night, just in time to bring to work to today to my co-workers.  Here are close up shots of some of them...





The picture quality is bad because I just threw them on my desk and took some quick pics before packing them up last night.  


I cut the boxes from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 at 5".  I tied them up with twine and ribbon and added a stamped sentiment to each.  Some of them have stickers and some have cuts done with the Cricut from Simply Charmed.


I filled each one with a Werthers Creamy Caramel, Werthers Caramel Apple and some Peanut Butter Bars.  Have you ever had these?


Oh. My. Goodness.  They are yummy!  I could chomp on them all day.  Which is exactly why I bought a small package so I only had 2 leftover to tempt me!

That's all for today folks!  Be safe if you go out trick or treating tonight and ENJOY!  My Halloween plans include a trip to the chiropractor, coupon shopping, church and then going home to enjoy one of our holiday traditions...

It airs tonight on ABC, so if you're home, you should watch it!  I love celebrating the holidays with Charlie Brown!

Blessings,
Cheryl







4 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a rotten end to a lovely day Cheryl. Glad though that the whiplash has been eased by the chiropractor. Your projects are a amazing and don't look thrown down on your desk and snapped at all. Love 'em! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, I like your blog. I love those peanut butter bars; so when I go home to visit my family in MO I have to avoid the places that sell them. They are addictive!! :) I love your creativity. These are awesome. I just became your newest follower. I would love to have you follow my blog as well. Have a fabulous weekend!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cheryl!
    Hope you're feeling better :):):)
    I just love your little BOO treats, they turned out really cool.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!