Thursday, September 20, 2012

Monster Trucks

Today I want to share a quick card I made for my nephew's birthday last week.  He turned 6 so I thought he needed a monster truck card.  Here's what I came up with.


I used the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge for this card.  I welded the shadows together to form the base, then added the layers.  You can't tell too much from the pic, but the silver paper is shimmery so it sorta looked like metal for accents.


As you can tell from the side, I cut an extra layer of the red and added it with foam dots to make it stand out.


I used Glossy Accents on the window so it looked "glassy".  I love Glossy Accents!  If you haven't tried it, you should.


I also cut extra for the wheels and popped them up.  I added brads to the center of each.  I was originally going to add some stitching and extra details, but I opted to leave it plain and simple.  Little boys don't do fancy!

Have a fabulous Thursday!
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. Any little boy would love this card Cheryl! It's smashing! If I had that cartridge, I'd be pinching this idea in a heartbeat! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!