Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Holiday Cakes Card #2

The cartridge I’m exploring this month is Holiday Cakes.  You should definitely check out this cartridge – The cuts are great for cards.  I also love the swirly, girly font!  I have an addiction to fonts.  I have several hundred on my thumb drive and some CD’s.  I think pretty letters make anything look better!  I don’t like things that are boring.  =)  Gotta have some excitement….even if it’s just on a Word document! 

I made this card to send to a lady that’s battling illness. I wanted the card to be soft and feminine, so I chose some paper from my stash by K & Company.  I love their paper – Especially the fact that it’s double sided.  The base is cream cardstock by Recollections and the wreath is Bazzill cardstock.  I used a rectangle and a square (from the same cart) to make the mat with the window.  I truly hope this card helps brighten the day of a lady that’s having a rough time right now.  That’s why I love making cards.  I find it so rewarding to be able to bless someone and let them know you’re thinking about them. 

This camera I have is on my nerves.  The paper is actually several shades of soft sage green and the flowers are light lilac and plum.  Doesn’t even look like that in the pic, does it????  UGH!  I need a new camera but gotta get the cashola first!  This one doesn’t show my colors accurately no matter how I light the card or what setting I seem to use.  Ok – enough griping.  Here’s my card…

DSCF7038

DSCF7049

signature with numbers scrip

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card (even if the colors don't look right). Thanks.

    suekimmet@gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this...and so will she! What a sweetie you are to make this for her! I just received a Stylish Blogger Award and am passing it on to you! I really love your blog and visit often! Stop by my blog to pick it up and post it on your blog! Thanks!
    hugs,
    joni
    http://justcounting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I really need to use that cart more often....hey maybe I should add it to the FIF list lol! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    Sorry about your camera, but your card is beautiful!!! :)

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!