Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Simple Masculine Card


I love making cards.  I think it has to do with the fact that I love giving people gifts.  Like, seriously love it. I have never read the book, but I'm pretty sure my love language is gifts.  It's not always feasible to give a gift, but you can always find an occasion to give a card!

I haven't made a card for anyone in over a year. For me, that's an eternity.  I used to make a ton of cards.  I tried to make my mother-in-law a birthday card a few weeks ago and it was a disastrous mess, so I quit and bought her one.  [sad face]

I wanted to say thanks to some awesome teens in our church for helping me out, so I decided to see if I could get the creative juices flowing today.  And I made 5 cards!

Here's one...


I've said it before and it's still true - Masculine cards are HARD to make. I always want to sparkle or glitter or shimmer it or something.  My hubby picked out this paper at Hobby Lobby a while back.  He said it's his favorite paper I own.  Poor guy... he has bad taste - except in women!  Actually, I am glad he talked me into buying it because it's perfect for simple cards.


I used my fuse tool and page protectors to make a pocket, then added micro beads to fill it up.  I cut out the sentiment using my Silhouette, then put it on with foam tape.


It's quite plain and perfect for the recipient!  The young man I gave it to is definitely no-frills, so this was right up his alley.  And he enjoyed playing with the shaker part!

Once I came up with the general idea, I made several. I would suggest whenever you make a card, always make a couple, then you'll have them on hand when you need one fast.

Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!