Monday, March 19, 2012

Flower Happy Birthday Cards


Happy Monday to you all!  It's a lovely, rainy day here.  I {heart} rain so very much so it's my kind of day.  As long as there are no tornadoes coming with it, it makes me very happy.
I made several birthday cards over the weekend that I'll be sharing with you this week.  Also, later in the week I have an exciting announcement, so be sure to check back!


This shaped card is a flower from the Forever Young cartridge, designed using my Gypsy.  I don't have the exact cut size, but I sized it on my Gypsy mat to be about 5" x 5".  I welded the shadows together to form the base, then added the layers.

I cut each layer in a different shade of pink so it would graduate to a lighter shade in the middle.  I used shades of blush and bashful...ha ha.  Just kidding - Just had to give another nod to Steel Magnolias.

"The sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down in Pepto-Bismol!"

I was convinced it was the greatest movie ever made until I saw You've Got Mail.  Now I'm torn....


Getting back on track... I inked all the edges using a coral-ish pink ink pad by Martha Stewart and used that same color to stamp the sentiment, then embossed it using clear embossing powder.  Don't the letters look like candy?  I just love those shiny pink letters!  I added a button with twine to the center.

While I was in the zone, I made the same card in orange.


I like that this one is bright and cheery but it doesn't hold a candle to pink.


Here's a pic of the card with the envelope I made to match.  I used an envelope and liner from Wild Card.  I made one for the pink also, but didn't snap a picture of it.  I am on this embellished envelope kick right now, so be prepared to see lots of envelopes with my cards!  I prefer to make my own envelopes just because they look fancier and match the card.

I wish you all a blessed and fabulous day!
Cheryl





2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these Cheryl!! what paper did you use for all of it? I like the colors on everything including the envies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards, colors on both and am intrigued by the envelopes. I seem to make odd-sized cards and then can't find an appropriate envelope. Do you frequently use Wild Card? How do you then size it (do you use a gypsy to verify the "base" size)? Have you ever had any problems mailing an envelope and needing special postage?
    Thanks for the inspiration...
    TK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!