Monday, April 30, 2012

Giant Flower Card

As I mentioned a few days ago, I was asked to make a few various Mother's Day cards for a store display.  Here's another one I made...

I made this shaped card using Forever Young.  I haven't pulled out that cart in forever and I think it's a little sad.  =(  I tend to play with the newer carts and the older ones just get neglected.  I welded together the shadows to make the card, then added the front details.  The card fits perfectly in an A2 envelope.


On a side note, I am sorry for that hideous background!  When I was taking the picture, I though it looked like nice, spring leaves in the background.  In the picture, it's quite hideous!  Sometimes I question my judgement and this is one of those times.  Please block out the awful background and just see the lovely yellow and orange card.  The more I look at it the worse it looks.  ICK!
I don't own any Mother's Day stamps, so I had to print another sentiment from my computer.  The font I used was A&S Rhino and you can download it here.  I added the button and twine to the center and it was done!  This card was really easy and looks very bright and cheery in person.  (I'm sure the ugly background is throwing you off, so you'll have to trust me!)

Card Recipe:
All cuts from Forever Young, cut at 4.5"
Base paper - HP Cardstock
Patterned Paper - Recollections
Button - Oriental Trading
Twine - Lemon Chiffon, Pink and Paper
Sentiment - printed, A&S Rhino font
Ink - Orange by Studio G

I still need to make Mother's Day cards for my mom and mother-in-law; I'd love to see your ideas!  If you've already made some mom's day cards, send me a link or picture to pinkandpaper@gmail.com.  I'd love to check them out!  Have a great day!

Blessings,
Cheryl