Hallelujah…it’s Friday again! That means sleeping in and no work for the next couple of days…woo hoo! It also means it’s time for another challenge at Flaunt it Fridays. This week’s challenge was to use the cut of the cat and dog from the Paper Pups cart. Since I don’t have that cart, I used Create A Critter for the animals, Doodlecharms for the heart and Lacy Labels for the card. I welded the shadow feature for the card base with my Gypsy and made the little sparkles with Martha Stewart Glitter Glue (LOVE IT!!). The sentiment is handwritten. Be sure to head over to Flaunt it Fridays and see the great projects from the other designers. We’d love for you to flaunt right along with us!!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
It’s Robyn’s birthday over at My Pink Stamper and she’s hosting a challenge to create something with a birthday theme. I chose to make a shaped card using Simply Charmed. I really like this cart and don’t use it nearly enough.
I wanted to pass along a tip to you all with this project. I LOVE making shaped cards with my Gypsy, however, you always end up a “flat” spot where the card folds when you weld two shapes together. When I do this, I always cut an extra shape and glue it on as the background to cover up that spot. Below is a pic of my mat and how I cut these. I’ve circled the extra cut I made to hide my folding on the top of the card.
(Isn’t that mat icky and well loved? ha ha) Anyway, I think it makes your shaped cards look so much better. You can see in my pics below that it doesn’t cut off part of the image if you assemble the card onto this piece, then glue to your shaped card.
Here are a few more pics of the card I made for the challenge. Enjoy!
It’s Tuesday, so you know what that means, right? OK, a lot of you are new followers so I’ll tell ya… It’s time for the weekly “cartridge of the month” project. This month, I’ve been exploring Just Because Cards and I am loving it more every time I use it. It makes card making quick and easy, especially if you’re pressed for time. I still love using a bunch of carts and creating my own cards, but I will certainly use this one from time to time as well.
This week’s cut is the rocket and sentiment “You’re A Blast”. I had a bit of a hard time with my color scheme on this. I used some patterned paper from a stack by KI Memories. I really liked that paper, but it seemed like everything I put with it didn’t work. I am not thrilled with the wording, and I’ll probably change it later. It doesn’t “pop” enough on the background. I do love that cute little rocket, though!
Now, as I mentioned before, I love hearing from you guys. If there’s a cart you’d like to see me feature in the coming months, just leave a comment or drop me an email and I will try my best to oblige. I’m still not sure what we’ll explore in February…..
Friday, January 21, 2011
Happy Friday Everyone! It’s time again for a Flaunt it Friday challenge. This week, we were asked to make the "bear in a can” from Give a Hoot. Let me tell you….this was challenging for me! I kept looking at this little guy and thinking “What in the world can I make with a bear in a garbage can??” I love making cards but was trying to think outside the box so I made a little treat bag. The bear cut is from Give a Hoot, the bag I created with my Gypsy and the sentiment was printed from my computer. The ribbon is by American Crafts. I got it at Michael’s on clearance after Christmas. Ooh…I love clearance shopping! Anyway, Here’s my project. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the design team’s submissions over at Flaunt it Fridays. If you can, we’d love for you to play along as well!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Well…this is a first for me! Lisa over at Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons gave me a blog award! Woo hoo! She has some great creations, so you should definitely check out her blog. I have to say thanks to Lisa for her kind words and giving me this award. It means a lot to me. =)
The requirements for receiving the award are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Give the award to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
Here are my 8 things…
1. I have been married for almost 7 years to Charles.
2. I have no children, but desperately want a little tiny dog and will name her Anastasia…whom I will spoil worse than I ever would a child, I’m sure.
3. One thing on my “bucket list” – I want to sing the national anthem at an event. (doesn’t matter what kind…I just wanna sing the song!) I am very patriotic and thank God I live in this wonderful country, America.
4. Although I LOVE paper crafting, I have never made or even started a scrapbook. I’m strictly a cards and boxes/bags/containers kind of girl. Someday I might try…..
5. I am the Children’s Pastor at my church, Living Faith, and it’s the greatest job in the world! I love teaching children about God’s love and mercy, not to mention they can be quite fun and hilarious as well!
6. I am somewhat obsessed with office supplies. If I could own an office supply store and make any money at it, I would.
7. Speaking of office supplies, at last count, I had over 800 pens. Seriously. My husband thinks I need to go on the show Hoarders just for my pens. I contend that since they are organized in Rubbermaid containers by style and type and labeled neatly, it cannot be hoarding. Right????
8. I consider my Cricut and Gypsy some of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I am most relaxed when sitting at my desk and creating wonderful things from paper. It’s one of my favorite things ever!!
Here are some blogs that I thoroughly enjoy. I’m passing this award on to them because they deserve it. Go check them out!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
OK….back to reality.
It’s Tuesday, so I have a card for you from my “cartridge of the month”, Just Because Cards. I used the cute popsicle cut for this one. I just love it! What a cute little saying, don’t you think? I used kraft cardstock for the base, the scalloped background is from a DCWV stack that I am quite fond of (it’s all sparkly and glittery…and has a lot of pink), and the solid colors are by Recollections. The three glittery dots are from a pack I got on clearance after Halloween at Hobby Lobby for about 25 cents. Now I wish I’d bought more than one pack – gotta use them sparingly. I did the doodling with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in white.
Since there’s only one Tuesday left in January, I just have one more card from this cartridge. I’d love to hear from you all. Are there any cartridges you’d like to see me explore for a month? I am open to suggestions and ideas, so let me know! I love comments and read every one.
On that same note, I have tried to reply to a lot of my comments, but have no email address. If you leave a comment and would like an answer or reply, please leave your email address for me. I am enjoying getting to know all of you and am thrilled with all of my new friends!!
One last thing, on the advice of my new friend Saundra, I'm submitting this for this week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. This week's theme is Sweet Shop. I love their challenges...but I must admit, I'm behind on reading blog posts (something like 250 on my Google Reader right now...ouch!) so I hadn't seen that challenge yet. Thanks, Saundra, for letting me know!!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Here’s the inside of the card:
**I ended up adding a lime green bow to the top of the front and it looked really good. Blonde moment = no photo taken before sealing it up in the envelope!!**
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Skull from Indie Art
Stars from Plantin Schoolbook
Patterned paper by The Paper Studio
Colored cardstock by Colorbok
Doodling done with Sakura Gelly Roll pen in white
Pop dots by The Paper Studio
Thursday, January 13, 2011
I just wanted to share a quick project with you. Once a month we have a women’s Bible study at my church. We have dinner together and have a lesson. A few our ladies decorate each month using a different theme. I decided several months ago that I’d like to make favors for our meetings so each lady has something to take home as a reminder of the meeting. I will be sharing these with you each month as I make them. All of that being said – This is my LEAST favorite I’ve made so far! I had some issues this week and ended up in the dentist’s chair with 2 root canals in one day….YIKES! I hate the dentist worst than almost anything so I wasn’t too thrilled about that. Anyway, I was in pain before I went and kinda sore after, and I had put off making the goodies (my own fault!), so I wasn’t giving it 100%.
The theme this month is FIESTA. I decided, since it’s been really cold this week, to do a matchbook that holds a packet of cocoa. I tried to make them match the colorful theme. Once I got them cut and ready to assemble, I had crafter’s block and could not figure out how to embellish them at all. I finally just left them sorta plain. They are ok, but I know they could be better! I love the idea of these matchbook holding a pouch of something, so I’m sure I’ll make them again some time. Here they are.
Here’s the inside:
I made several different colors. What would you have done to embellish them? I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
The legend tells that years ago every casino in Las Vegas had a three-piece chicken dinner with a potato and a veggie for $1.79. A standard bet back then was $2, hence when you won a bet you had enough for a chicken dinner. !”
A man at my church told me "You're only as smart as your Google toolbar" and that's exactly where this came from.....so if you know the origins of the phrase and I'm wrong, let me know! OK...enough useless information. Now for the blog candy giveaway....Yippee!!
I've randomly chosen a winner from the Flaunt it Friday's Blog Hop last week. The winner is...
It’s Tuesday, which means I have another card for you from the Just Because Cards cartridge. If you're a new follower, I just started a new feature on my blog. Each month, I will be highlighting a cartridge, then every Tuesday, I’ll post a project from that cartridge. I would like to challenge you all to explore your cartridges too. All of our carts need love, right? I know some of mine feel neglected at times. =)
I used the cut from page 55 in the handbook. For the base, I used Kraft cardstock and the rest is from a stack by My Mind’s Eye. This card is super easy and I just love it! I love pink and green together and that little melon just makes me happy. =)
If you’ve made cards using this cartridge, I’d love to see them! Post a comment with a link back to your project and I will check it out.
Before I sign off, I wanted to say welcome to all my new followers. It’s so great to get to know all of you! I will be drawing for the blog candy from last week’s Flaunt It Friday Blog Hop tonight and will then post the winner. Good Luck!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Plane from New Arrival cartridge
Ribbon by The Paper Studio
Background paper (vellum) and rainbow stripe paper by The Paper Studio
All other paper by Recollections
Nose (pink bling) by Studio G
Now for my second project, we were asked to choose any cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge. I, again, don’t have that cart, so I tried to choose an image that was close to one on the HKG cart. I used the strawberry from Indie Art. For this project, I chose to make a little goodie basket. The details are below.
Basket from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More
Solid color cardstock by Recollections
Black checkered cardstock by The Paper Studio
Also, please note that you must leave a comment on everyone's blog to have a chance to win the Grand Prize Giveaway which is the Love Always stamp set sponsored by Pink By Design. The grand prize will be on Sandra's blog! You will have all weekend to complete the hop and we will draw the winner sometime on Monday or Tuesday
Thank You so much for taking the time to hop with us for the Flaunt It Friday's Hello Kitty Blog hop. We can't wait to see how you "Flaunt" your Hello Kitty this week at Flaunt it Fridays. Your NEXT STOP is Laurel. Be sure to check out her wonderful projects!
Blog Hop Order (It’s a BIG list!!!)
1. SANDRA http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/
2. JANIS http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/
3. DORCAS http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/
4. MELISSA http://apaperjourney.blogspot.com/
5. CHRISTINA http://cardcreationsbyc.blogspot.com/
6. JESS http://myscrapdiary-jess.blogspot.com/
7. DENISE http://lalasworldblog.blogspot.com/
8. CORRI http://www.buglvr.blogspot.com/
9. ROSE http://roseohio-myblog.blogspot.com/
10. ERIKA http://cricutlove1.blogspot.com/
11. AMANDA http://www.myscrappinobsession.com/
12. JEN http://huffinatorshangout.blogspot.com/
13. CELESTE http://ccscards.blogspot.com/
14. CARLEY http://www.the-real-icarley.blogspot.com/
15. STACEY http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
16. ABBY http://www.scrapbookaholicbyabby.com/
17.CHERYL http://www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com/ <= ME
18. LAUREL http://www.blog.littlepeaceofmyheart.com/ <= NEXT
19. ELSA http://cricutlvr.blogspot.com/
20. SAUNDRA http://www.luvscrappingtogether.blogspot.com/
21. PAM http://simply-pam.blogspot.com/
22. SHARON http://meemeescreations.blogspot.com/
23. SHEANDRA http://www.lawyersscraptoo.blogspot.com/
24. AMY http://perfectlyunperfectcards.blogspot.com/
25. Jenny Johnson http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
26. GLENDA http://glendascards.blogspot.com/
27. VIVIANA http://vivienpapel.blogspot.com/
28. PAULA http://craftwithbee.blogspot.com/
29. STEPHANIE http://www.alwayscrafting.com/
30. MICHELLE http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/
31. JD http://jdscricuteering.blogspot.com/
32. JENNY K. http://kozfam5.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Blue Mat: Lacy Labels cut @ 5 inches
Card measures 5.5 x 5.5
Stamp by Studio G
Black and Blue ink by Stampendous
Bling on flowers by Studio G
Green glitter paper from My Mind’s Eye Home Stack
All other paper by Recollections
Faux stitching using Sakura Gelly Roll pen in white
Adhesives used: ATG gun and Pop dots by The Paper Studio